Job SummaryApplication Deadline: January 31, 2019
Start Date: August 31, 2018
Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Category: Medical and Health
Type: Temporary, Contract and Project
Benefits: Advanced first aid and health safety skills training/ Advanced Medical First Response course
This job posting has expired!
Volunteer Medical Responder
- public gatherings
- sporting and recreational activities
- disaster or civil emergencies
Volunteer Medical Responders provide life-saving first aid and help reduce the risk of further injury or illness.
- community involvement
- advanced first aid and health care training and experience
- life skills to benefit personal career development
We are looking for:
Individuals with an interest in first aid and health care who wish to provide volunteer emergency health-related service within their community.
Volunteer Medical Responders should be 18 years or older.
The volunteer candidates:
- must be 18 years of age
- should be physically and mentally capable of performing the activities that are reasonable for the type of service they are to provide
- a valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certificate is an asset
- must complete a criminal record check
Volunteer Medical Responders undergo as a minimum 40 hours of volunteer MFR training. Volunteers are generally expected, once their training is completed, to provide at least 60 hours of volunteer service per year.
New volunteers receive:
- St. John Ambulance orientation-get to know the organization
- Advanced first aid and health safety skills training
- Advanced Medical First Response course
- On-going leadership training
How to Apply
To apply please visit us at:
Contact InformationContact: Robert Howlett